Tuesday, February 23, 2016

MWC 2016: HTC Vive – virtual reality goggles – mGSM.pl

show actions goggles HTC Vive >

Slide actions goggles HTC Vive

photo. J.Filipowicz / mGSM.pl

HTC to the company’s Steam VR released to the world revolutionary virtual reality goggles: HTC Vive . Exalted tone does not happen to me in the press releases, but excuse me: I am delighted. You too will be.

Thanks to the Polish branch of the manufacturer, received the opportunity to perform a half-hour test HTC Vive in very comfortable conditions. Half an hour passed like five minutes.

I would like to reserve: this is not the first VR goggles we had on the nose, but they are the only ones for which I would be willing to spend my hard earned money. So far in connection with the VR they met me the same annoyances: nausea, dizziness and headaches. Here, I forgot, that what I see is created by PC-ta standing a few meters away and I did not have any bad feelings after the demo session.

The set consists of goggles, headphones, two controllers, two sensors and wiring. The only inconvenience is a bit confusing cable under the feet and slightly sweaty face.

The impression of being in another world is extremely strong. It also affects the quality of the presentations prepared for the premiere. As I stood at the bottom of the ocean, it actually stood there, when they stared at me a whale, it seemed to me that I could touch it and ducked instinctively in front of a huge tail. Both controllers feature triggers and touch trackpads work extremely precisely. One of the key at any time allows you to see the outline elements of the real world – with kamerce mounted on the front goggles.

Both the impression of immersion and penetration of the two realities is simply amazing. The room is 5×5 meters designated by the sensors on the walls enclosed the virtual walls. Going beyond the reach of cable, we see the mesh walls – so there is no need for additional operator’s past, would not roll over or do not break down the elements of the environment.

The weakest point of the new goggles HTC is the fact that – to believe, you though once you sign up. I do not want you to believe my word for it, but if you have the opportunity, be sure to try out. I will try to write a little more about the goggles, impressions and presented demos after Barcelona. Now is not very time. I’m starting to save for a new toy.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment