Today, August 23 (15:28)
In December 1990, the British scientist Tim Berners-Lee launched the first web page. This date can be considered as the symbolic beginning of the Internet. August 23, 1991 the year the first services such as a web browser and HTTP have been released to the public, hitting outside CERN.
/ press materials
The first web page describing what the web and how it works. However, it was only available for users of the internal network CERN. It took almost three years to make the first page for all Internet users. The first Web page is still available for all – obviously more as a museum exhibit than another site on the web. We’ll find it at http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html . It was created 20 years ago at CERN by Tim Berners-Lee through computer NeXTCube, who served time role webserver. Today, the historic site is maintained by CERN computers.
1. Web is the World Wide Web, which is a worldwide network?
2. HTML is HyperText Markup Language, or hypertext markup language? Can use it to create websites.
3. the first browser called WorldWideWeb and was designed for the NeXT computer?
4. IP address is the number of broadcast network interface to which logs in our unit? With the IP address is known, from where in the world “came” surfer.
5. Bridgeville was the first town in the world put up for sale through an online auction?
6. the first version of Windows debuted on November 20, 1985 year?
7. the first e-mail message was sent in 1971 by Ray Tomlinson, a person regarded as the founder of the @?
8. The Internet was created in the 60s and was created communications technology with a view to exchanging information after a nuclear war?
9. the first .com domain was registered April 30, 1991 year in the Computer Center of the University of Copenhagen?
10. the first officially registered domain in the history of the global network was Symbolics.com? Registration date – March 15, 1985.
11. the first online advertising (so-called banner), was issued in October 1994 on HotWired.com?
12. 17 August 1991 from the Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw are listed first Internet connection with Polish? Warsaw “had communicated” then the Computer Centre of the University of Copenhagen
13. “Hello, do you hear me?” are the first words that fell on Skype? Wymówiono them in Estonian, in April 2003.
14. December 20, 1991 the Institute of Nuclear Physics, University of Warsaw and the Observatory, as well as several computers in Torun, Krakow and Katowice, are connected to the Internet?